Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Little Crochet Pouch

Now that the Thanksgiving madness is all over, I finally found some time to crochet a little bit. I'm an avid Pinterester (yep I just made that up), and while perusing pins one day I came across this adorable little Hook Monster. It's a little pouch to store all your crochet hooks in, which is something I've needed. Before, I used a very classic and dysfunctional Ziploc bag.

Here is the original source and creator of the Hook Monster. I absolutely love it. However, I didn't really make mine into a monster...more just like a colorful little pouch. :D

The yarn I used was multi-colored, but I can't remember the brand. I'll have to check later. Here's my little diddy. Even Matt was impressed.


What I loved about doing this little pouch is that I could just kind of eye ball the length and make it however long I wanted it to be. In real life, I'm more of a rule follower, and sometimes need precise direction, but not in my little crochet world. Gosh, I'm a nerd.

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with this. It was all single crochet (pretty easy), and I even learned something new! I had never worked in that kind of round before. It began with a chain of 10, and then just single crochet around and around the chain in spirals. Pretty darn cute.

In other news, I'm working on a little doggy sweater for my dog-niece, Lola. She's a mini dachshund and probably doesn't even weigh 5 pounds. Stay tuned for that!

*Update - I figured out what yarn I used for this. It was Deborah Norville (Premier) Everyday® Soft Worsted yarn, in the "Lilac Ridge" multi. It's pretty soft. This was done with a 3.5mm hook so that no chunky holes would allow the hooks to fall through. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment