Monday, July 20, 2015

Baby Bump: 12 Weeks



How Far Along?:  12 weeks and 3 days!
Size of Baby:  2.1 inches, about the size of a clementine.
Gender:  Patiently awaiting! My doctor doesn't tell the gender until the 20-week anatomy scan. BRB while I go cry.
Weight Gain:  My weight is completely all over the place. I actually lost a couple of pounds between doc appointments, but I don't think it's too concerning.
Maternity Clothes:  Nope, not yet... but I've been racking up a super cute maternity wardrobe for fall!
Stretch Marks:  Nope! I've started a regimen of Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion, though.
Movement:  Nothing yet. I'm hoping soon!
Symptoms:  I can feel my energy slowly coming back, wahoo! I still hate that darn prenatal vitamin, though. Makes me so nauseous.
Sleep:  Bit the bullet and bought the most amazing pregnancy pillow ever, the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow. Let me tell you... it's SO worth it. Sleeping at night has gotten better and better.
Cravings:  Still cake. Someone go buy this girl a cake.
Nursery:  We've totally done some overhaul this week to the baby's room. Got rid of furniture and other things we don't need anymore. Having a garage sale this coming weekend!
Belly Button in or out?:  In!
Wedding rings on or off?:  On!
Mood:  Better than last week, I think. After today, I'm happier than ever. :)
What I Miss:  Not too much.
Best Moment This Week:  Today, Matt and I had an ultrasound for the baby's nuchal translucency test, which tests the babe for things like Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, etc. Everything on the ultrasound was absolutely perfect. I turned into a bawl bag once I saw our sweet babe kicking his/her little feet... oh my gosh. This is real. And our squirmy peanut is doing so well. This was such a special moment for us. :) I'll never forget it. After the appointment, we went to breakfast to celebrate, and then back to work for me.

Lil' peanut

Looking Forward To:  Another doc appointment next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment