Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Goodbye, 2014


Lately, I've been reflecting a lot on the negative in my life, and trying so fiercely to combat that by focusing on the good, on the things I'm most thankful for. Let me tell you; it's no easy task trying to keep a positive mind when all you feel is negative, but I can at least say I've been trying.

This last month of 2014 has been a whirlwind of emotions, from contentment, to shock, to excitement, to bliss, to sadness, to disappointment, to anger, to hopefulness. I can honestly say I've experienced each of these emotions in just a matter of two short weeks, and then some. I'm not sure what 2015 will bring, but I know things have to be looking up from here, from this harsh ending to 2014, and I'm ready to leave it all behind and go forth.

Despite everything that's happened this month, this Christmas just didn't feel like Christmas. Matt and I spent Christmas eve at my parent's house with my brother and his wife, and we had a blast playing Uno and snacking on our favorite finger foods. It was a lot of fun, but different from the usual norm of going to Mamaw's house. We woke up Christmas day and ate breakfast before heading over to Matt's mom and dad's house for his side of the family's Christmas. We played Cards Against Humanity and let me tell you, laughter is certainly the best medicine. I can't think of a better group of people to play that with!

I guess this year just didn't really feel like Christmas to me, probably because we haven't even celebrated with my side of the family yet. Matt and I are going to the wedding of our dear friend, Jo, on New Year's Eve. Then, we'll be having our Christmas on New Year's Day and then going to Mamaw's on Friday night to celebrate. Maybe I'll be in  more of the Christmas mood this weekend after having spent some time with family. I already took down all my Christmas decorations besides my tree, of course. Who the heck am I?? I never do that. I'm always sad to take it all down! But this year I'm just over it all. I want to move on from this Christmas and not think about it for a while. I sure hope 2015 brings more joy than 2014 did.

So, now that I'm done being a negative Nancy, I truly hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and an even better upcoming New Year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment