Monday, March 6, 2017

Baby Bump #2: 21 Weeks

How Far Along?:  21 weeks and 2 days!
Size of Baby:  About 7 inches, size of a banana. Or a pomegranate, depending on the app.
Gender:  We found out this past Wednesday, aaaaaaand...



It's a BOY! Yay for baby brother!

Weight Gain:  My weight has been all over the place. I'm still sitting at about a 5-pound weight gain so far. We'll see how that goes.
Maternity Clothes:  All day, err day. :)
Stretch Marks:  Some oldies making their grand reappearance.
Movement:  Yesss, feeling baby brother ALL the time now, and life is so good. It's so reassuring to feel his little movements. Makes this mama happy.
Symptoms:  Still hungry, but now am dealing with some major back pain... way more than I ever had with little J man. Butt cramps accompany, so it has been a joy. I wouldn't trade it for the world, though! At the ultrasound last week, we discovered I have a low-lying placenta... which could mean placenta previa if it doesn't move up naturally on its own. Ugh, I hope it does or else it's a c-section for me (terrifying). 
Sleep:  Sleeping really well right now! It helps that our little man sleeps 12 hours a night... he's such a champ. Hopefully baby brother follows suit!
Cravings:  Lots and lots of sweets... ice cream, cookies, candy... which isn't totally like me. I could also eat an Asiago cheese bagel from Panera EVERY DAY. 
Nursery:  ...is a big fat MESS right now! The beginning stages of clean up and purge have begun... so naturally, a huge garage sale is happening in May!
Belly Button in or out?:  In!
Wedding rings on or off?:  On!
Mood:  Happy as ever. Slightly emotional and on edge, though. I know I've been irritable lately. Poor hubs. He's the best.
What I Miss:  I would LOVE a large margarita, most days...
Best Moment This Week:  Absolutely finding out this babe's gender! Of course, most of the family wanted a girl. Even Matt wanted a girl. BUT baby brother is healthy and that's all we could ever ask for. I'm even more excited for July than ever. <3

Love, 
S

No comments:

Post a Comment