Sunday, January 29, 2017

Jackson's First Birthday

My little Jackson boy,

My oh my, it seems impossible that you are already one year old. Time really does fly even faster when you become a parent. And although it's been emotional for your mama to think about you growing up, it has been one of the greatest joys of my life to be right next to you while you do. Happy first birthday, my boy.

One year ago today, mommy, daddy, and Gammy rushed to the hospital, even though you wouldn't officially be born for another 12 hours. It was a long, hard day, with a long, hard recovery, but oh, how perfect you were... in every single way... and still are. You were the most perfect newborn. Really, we heard it from so many people! You had the most glowing, beautiful skin and looked identical to daddy. And so many members of our family were there to see you right after you came into the world.

Those first few weeks home with you were so bittersweet. Daddy and I tried so hard to figure out what we were doing! Oh, what a precious, precious time it was for us... endlessly counting your little fingers and toes, caressing your cheeks, marveling over the one million photos we took of you, daily. You fit into our lives seamlessly, and we can never imagine life without you in it.

Being your mommy has been such an adventure. I love watching you learn new things. Nowadays, you love to stand up against furniture, all by yourself! You love being in the walker and flying around the house, screaming and squealing while you do it, sometimes chasing after Bella. And forget sitting around playing with toys on the floor... you want to constantly walk around the house with the help of mommy or daddy holding on. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ("MeMe Mouse") is your jam, especially when that dang Hot Dog song comes on. That's an instant pleaser to you, along with any kind of food. You love cheerios, Gerber puffs, peas, carrots, yogurt, pasta, and literally anything we give you. There's nothing you won't eat!

You have the greatest personality... so gentle, yet so boyish. You love to laugh and play with mommy and daddy, and you're starting to mimic words... Bella (your current favorite), more, and bye. You really love music, and it warms my heart that I can still soothe you by singing to you. You love the Itsy Bitsy Spider, You Are My Sunshine, and I've Been Working on the Railroad. You could listen to music and singing all day long.

Big boy, pretty soon you'll be a big brother, and mommy is going to need you to be my right-hand man! I can't wait to watch you with your little brother or sister. I just know you'll be incredible. 

Mommy and daddy love you more than you'll ever know, our little Jackson boy. Happiest first birthday to you, my sweetheart.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment