Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Busy Spring

I'm back!

As you may or may not have noticed, I have disappeared from the blogging work for about a week, and with good reason. My life has been absolutely INSANE within the last week. Between work and a million other things, I decided I needed to prioritize...not to mention, I was exhausted and in bed around 9pm every night! Needless to say I'm glad last week is over and I'm ready for life to get back to normal.

Last Saturday, we threw my dad a surprise 50th Birthday party and it was so great!! He was so surprised but still suspicious seeing as how mom made him wear a nice shirt to my brother's house. He thought we were just getting the family together for pizza...wrong! We had lots of old friends and family there to eat, drink, and catch up. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but between food and mingling, we were just having too good of a time.


Dad's old high school and college friend, Ralph, came out to the party, which was an even bigger surprise since they haven't seen each other in years! Overall, I think dad was super grateful and happy, since the whole day he thought we were neglecting him on his birthday! HA! It was a great day.

A few days before that, my sis-in-law Kenzie let Matt and I know of a house down their street that's for sale, and since I actually happened to know the realtor, we were able to take a peek right before dad's party! Well, turns out, we ended up making an offer on the house on Sunday! AN OFFER!! That was a first for us, so now we're officially feeling like real adults, ha! But, come to find out yesterday, we didn't end up getting it. Another offer came through offering full-price, which is a little crazy. The house was super cute but needed a little cosmetic work and a brand new kitchen. I was a little disappointed, but trying to remember that it wasn't meant to be, and that there's another house out there somewhere for us!

Other than just my personal life being crazy, I also had one crazy work week last week. I'm applying for a promotion at work that I'm not sure if I'll get, but I took a stab at it anyway. I had a questionnaire, interview, and presentation to complete, so my mind was completely a mess trying to finish all of that on top of my regular work. Thus, the blog had to be put aside...especially since I was coming home absolutely exhausted. I finished my presentation on Friday, and that night Matt and I met up with his family (the Kleypack) for margaritas for mama Cindy's birthday celebration! MUCH needed margaritas after that week, I must say.


Phew, I think that's all for now. Today is a little annoying being 30 degrees (and snowing), especially since it was 70 degrees here all last weekend. Boo. But, I have some goodies coming up, including an update about my jewelry armoire redo, and some others! Stay tuned!

  bloglovinpinterestgoogle-plusrss-feedImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment