Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

I guess the 7th of January is the perfect day to finally write my first blog of 2014! :) I hope everyone had a great holiday season. For the first time in the history of ever, I was happy to see the end of the holidays and the beginning of a new year. What is wrong with me?

For New Year's eve, Matt and I headed over to his mom and dad's house for our annual NYE pajama party! As always, it was a fun-filled evening with drinks, finger foods, and a little dancing on the Kinect. Even my mom and dad came out for a bit. It was a good time with family! I can't believe I didn't take one single picture that night. I guess that's just part of my initiative to start living in the moment and stop worrying about documenting it so much.

Aside from the temperatures outside being in the negatives and our house being freezing, not much has been all that eventful so far in 2014. The past couple of nights I did some crafting. I worked on an old milk can that my father-in-law gave me! No paint or restoration needed! Bought a few things from Hobby Lobby to spruce it up a bit. I love the way it looks now! I also worked on a baby scarf and hat for my cousin Sophia (my cousin's daughter...so...my second cousin?)! Who knows. :) I'm pleased with the way they turned out!



The scarf kind of morphed out of a pattern I used a while ago. It's pretty simple actually. I used a baby pink yarn (purchased at Hobby Lobby) called "I Love This Yarn!" Chain 15-20 (this scarf is definitely based on your own judgment!), and then alternate single crochet, double crochet down the chain. Just be sure to end each row with a single crochet, even if that means doing two singles in a row. Chain one, then turn. Repeat alternating single crochet, then double crochet. You get a nice little puffy pattern. :) Continue on until you reach a desired length. I added a button for a little baby safety.

The hat I kind of cheated on....I used a loom! Which I love doing for baby hats. I made the pom pom by hand though. Just wrap some yarn around your hand or a fork, tie a knot around it, and then cut the loops. For more detailed instructions, check out the Pom Pom Flowers pattern on Ravelry. Just leave out the stem.

Big things coming up...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment