Thursday, November 6, 2014

New Toys

Happy November, friends!

It's hard to believe that in just 48 days (or whatever) Christmas will be here, which is obviously the best holiday ever. In preparation for the upcoming holiday season, and because I just had another birthday, Mattycakes and I made a recent purchase that has got me GIDDY.

It's a Nikon D3200 Camera and it is my new baby!

Let me tell you, I've thought for a long time about buying a camera, but honestly, forking over the chunk of change for a nice one always turned me off. But, it took a bit of research for a couple of weeks and waiting for the right time to nail one down. I'm happy to say I've found this nice bundle deal from Best Buy that included the camera body, two lenses (an 18-55mm and a 55-200mm), camera bag, and a bunch of little accessories. Perfect for a beginner like myself.

Yep, that's me in my crochet Hooded Cowl.

Get ready, family. I'm coming at ya (with my camera) especially around the holidays!! Yep, sure am. In fact, that's pretty much why I bought it. I don't intend to go pro or anything. Just wanted something to capture memories and help out my blog!

Next to-do on my list is to make a camera strap cover like this one (after learning my sewing machine, of course :/). Or, there are a few good ones I could order from Amazon. Can you tell I'm excited?

P.S. - Bella loves the new camera, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment