Thursday, August 21, 2014

Summer Update: We Bought a House!

Holy moly, I realized I haven't posted since April. O_O

Okay, so I know I've been neglecting the blog recently, but keeping up with it had honestly started to get a little overwhelming. I think I needed to take a step back and remember why I started it in the first place...to record the ups and downs and crazy, wonderful memories in life.

This summer (well, actually, around May and June), Matt and I started looking for houses!! And we ended up closing on our new home in Tipp City in mid-July. :) :) So basically that's my excuse for not keeping up with the blog! We've been doing home reno for the past month now and I can finally say WE ARE MOVING this weekend!! It has been such a fun journey. I wish I could just buy, flip, and sell homes for a living. Hmm....

In a nutshell, our renovation consisted of ripping up carpet, painting every wall, ceiling, and baseboard in the house, cleaning (so much cleaning--the previous owners had smoked in the home), tearing down a wall separating the kitchen and living room, putting a fence around the yard, and finally putting down some wood flooring and carpet. Not a ton of stuff to do, but just enough to really enjoy the transformation.

I keep telling myself to take photos so that's what I plan on doing within the next few days.

I'm super grateful Matt and I have the means to buy this home and make it exactly what we want. For the past few months or so before we started work on the house, I had been a little stressed out and my mind had been elsewhere...up and down emotions that I'm not sure I'm ready to share with the blogging world. But! This house has allowed me to find some happiness and has pulled my mind away from the stress. It has been a really fun journey and I'm overjoyed to be sharing it with Matt.

So that's my update! It'll probably be a while before I update again because I'll be beautifying my house and organizing and unpacking and most likely losing my mind! But it'll be fantastic.

Remember people....love the journey you're on right now in this moment. You'll never get it back.



  bloglovinpinterestgoogle-plusrss-feedImage Map

No comments:

Post a Comment