Friday, October 17, 2014

Confessions

Good morning! Welcome to Beautiful Thing!

As you may or may not know, I was previously the owner of the Happy Wife Life blog. It was my first blogging venture and taught me SO much about this little blogging world. However, after about six or so months of {trying} to blog, I realized how much I had fallen out of love with the whole idea of what I had done. Yes, I love crafting. Yes, I loved creating something people could use. But, it just didn't feel right to me. So, that's why I've decided to make a new start with Beautiful Thing, still continuing to document life's little journeys but maybe just in a different way. I'm feeling much better about this one!

So that's that.

On a somewhat-related note, I want to own a blog. I don't want it to own me. Part of why I love this life is because I get to actually live it. So, I might not be able to post every day or even every week, but I'm going to try to have a balancing life with Beautiful Thing unlike before.

Okay, done ranting. Thanks for listening. :D

Anywayyyyys.....

This past Wednesday, Matt and I went to our third Jason Mraz concert together! (Can you tell we're slightly approaching obsessed status?) We traveled far to the unknown Columbus, Ohio Palace Theatre and it was absolutely incredible. It was like stepping back in time! And that's what I love about Jason; you can tell he truly prefers to play for a smaller, more intimate crowd. It was one of the best shows I've ever been to. He spoke a lot to us and it just felt very much like a coffee-shop kind of performance. He played with Raining Jane, a band of four kick-ass chicks that he made his most recent album with. If you haven't heard of them, I highly suggest checking them out, as well as the new album, Yes. Oh look! Here is the full album below from YouTube (and it's not mine).




Here are a few photos of the theatre and the band during the show. My phone sucks.

The amazing ceiling at the Palace Theatre.

Husband and me!


Fan girl moment when Jason walked through our aisle!

He was so phenomenal. I'll go back to listening to his entire album now. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment